Sunday 14 August 2011

Jump!



'The Road Not Taken' is a poem by Robert Frost in 1916... Printed together with his collections of Mountain Interval later in 1920...


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I learned this poem when I was in Form 4 - 16 years old... I think it's kinda nice to learn something like this during that age as that was the time when we're starting to figure out ourselves...

Though this poem has many interpretations, the one that we learned back in high school is about individualism and noncomformities among us as human beings...

This totally reflects the way I feel right now...

If you have one goal to accomplish, it dooesn't mean that there's only one way to get to the end of the line, the destination...

"I'm a user, I'll improvise." says the guy in Tron: Legacy... Not a very good reference but still, all I'm saying is, as human we all have what it takes to accomplish all the great things in life...

It's all up to you whether you want to go for it or not... Whether you wanna stay the same or make a difference... Nothing will change unless you change first... No one know what will happen in the future but instead of waiting for things to happen, it's better to take actions and learn from past mistakes... Knowing that certain things are wrong is a good thing but not all things in life you can actually learn easily... Like learning Matrices equation in Maths for an example. You won't know it is actually wrong, not until you substitute the value into the initial equation. Unknowingly, some mistakes needed to be done for the wisdom behind it to be learned.

Are you ready to jump?

1 comment:

  1. http://newplacenewmenewmrscrouch.blogspot.com/2010/07/road-not-taken.html

    ReplyDelete