Wednesday 14 September 2011

New Semester!

It's the start of the new academic year, the 2011/2012 session!

Even though this campus is freaking huge, I still feel slightly overwhelmed with the students walking around the campus, plus the new students who came from CFSIIUM or direct intakes...

...Anyway, it's the first semester and for me it's going to be the final semester as the Bridging student and hopefully, when I'm done with this semester, I'll be entering the Kulliyyah i.e. the Faculty of Architecture and Environmental Design.

I arrived in the campus on last Sunday and on Monday, I went to the Bridging office at the CELPAD building at level 4 to register all my subjects for the current semester. As I obtained merely B- for my Pre-Calculus last semester, I'll be taking the subject again with different lecturer. Dr. Faiz had informed me that she's a good lecturer. Therefore, let's hope for the best and score this time!

For this semester, I'm taking Architecture and Environmental Design subjects for the very first time in my life. I got few reviews from some of my seniors of what they did back in CFSIIUM and since most of them are vague memories, I decided to take down some notes and tried to outline them roughly and checked these things on the Internet.

I've been spending at least two hours in the library for the past 3 days, trying to find some good books to read or just enjoying awesome pictures in those books. There are only few rows of book on the Architecture section compare to the whole side of the library that meant for Science and Medicine. I wonder if students ever visit the section...

Anyway, since Graphic Communication and Introduction to Built Environment haven't started yet, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the weekend reading Architecture: Form, Space and Order by Francis D.K. Ching and maybe, just maybe I'll go around the campus to find some new hotspot to hang out with my friends later.

There's a new cafe - BooKerZ Lounge, opened in the Azman Hashim Building. The Fatoosh salad is quite nice and also the western foods are worth to try. Also the amount of food are quite reasonable with the price.


Signing out!


P.S.: S, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment