Sunday 16 October 2011

Do I Really Want to Go For It?

Big question. Do I really want to be an architect?

Should I just proceed to Applied Arts and Design Department instead?


NO!

I want this so bad I can't even sleep at night, thinking of what buildings I'm going to work on later. It may be in next 5 years, maybe in 7 years... But right now, all I need is to focus on what in front of me right now, and really strive for the best. 

Surrounding. I'm tutoring 2 people for my Mathematics class. This given me much more opportunities on learning about people's character. Their needs and interest. I don't really give a damn about this before but I need to change my mentality on this certain topic. Because I'm sure one of the best quality of an architect should have is excellent social skill. 

So, how do I fight negativity? Less motivation? Unwilling to work hard on certain subjects? Time management? 

Needless to say, we all have the same issues. We all are university students. Therefore,  it goes without saying we have problems in these things. 

For me, one thing remains. My goal. My target to be in Architecture Department next semester. I have to remember that it is not a given opportunity by the members of the faculty unless I appealed to them with high scores in my bridging subjects. 

Simple as that. If I get lower than 3.0 overall CGPA, don't even think of stepping into the studio. 

This is it. It's up to me. The future is in my hands. Either to hold it tightly, or just hold it with 2 fingers and eventually let it go. 

"And it comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don't get on the wrong track or try to do too much. We're always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it's only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important." Steve Jobs

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! You already sound like you're gonna be a good architect. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx a lot for these words! I really need it...

    Things just went crazy recently and I need to re-charge! hehe

    P.S. Thanx for dropping by!

    Regards,

    E

    ReplyDelete