Monday 17 October 2011

New Weapons

...Kidding! As you guys all know, I'm doing this heaven subject, Graphic Communications... Therefore, when my parents came all the way from Sabah due to some reasons previous weekend, I took them to the Neu Weststar Art Shop, located at Jalan Bandar Melawati Square,  Taman Melawati, KL to buy all the stuffs I need for this subject.

Throughout this entry, I'm going to show you guys some stuffs that I bought at the shop and some that I bought earlier so you guys can make this entry as KAEDian Starter Kit list or something...

First, let's go to the paper sections. I bought few sketchbooks... Well, bought like 6 or something as only 18 sheets per sketchbook...


Next, to the 'weapons' section...


Three T-Squares (35cm - easier to use for A4 sized papers, 60cm - for A3 and A2 papers, the 108cm - for drafting tables in the studio later), and Faber-Castell's Adjustable Set Square. I bought the Maped Compass Set, the 360ยบ protractor, drafting brushes, Rotring Squares sets, Rotring French Curves when I was in Sabah.

Next, to the pens and pencils section...


Faber-Castell's Ecco Pigment pens (ranging from 0.1mm to 0.8mm) and Castell 9000 pencils (12 grades, ranging from 8B to HB, F, H and 2H). If you buy these pencils separately, the cheapest would be RM1.0 but if you buy this set at RM12.80, you'll get eraser and sharpener for free. The pronto eraser is awesome especially when you need to erase small area - erasing shield works too so I'm planning to get it later. 
By the way, I grew up with Faber-Castell's pens and pencils so... 

Next, is the best part of all... The colours section... 

In the shop I bought Prismacolor markers in 8 colors as other required colors are not in stock so I have to wait until early next month, Artist's Alpha Water Colors - with the brushes and palettes, and Faber-Castell's Watercolour Pencils. I bought Faber-Castell's Colour pens yesterday at Dar Al Kutub in Azman Hashim Building and as for the 20 Stabilo Pigment pens, I have them since school and just replace those that already ran out of ink with the new ones as they can be bought separately... These pens are awesome especially during the brainstorming sessions... 

and... Not forgetting this one... 


Poster colours... 

I guess that's all for now... I did bought some other stuffs but I'm going to post them later... 


Signing out, 

E

2 comments:

  1. hi :)
    do they sell accessories for building models as well? thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi!!! thank you for dropping by my blog!

      yep! I think I saw lots of them... as they have different shops scattered just around this one that I went. you can go and check these other stores and see what they have. but the one that I went has every other stores have in stock.

      Oh, do get membership card. great discount for members. save a lot!

      Delete