Tuesday 11 October 2011

GC: Assignment #6

After taking a lot of consideration of which corner I want to draw... I think I would like to draw the most complicated corner of my room...

Well, don't really have any choice actually as other than this corner, only the walls and bed.. You guys know how small the standard undergraduate room is, right? Unlike those post-graduates room in Ruqayyah... ~sigh

Since we haven't actually learned about perspective drawings, so I have to read it myself to get an idea about it so here goes...

Assignment #6
Before, as we draw mere objects, now we have to consider on how to draw multiple objects, their placements, the limit i.e. same space... and etc.

I used 3B & 5B pencils, as well as H pencil to draw the construction lines... The challenging part would be the IIUM-designed grill that placed on windows... My room is on the ground floor so that's why... Again, I have problems with drawing the creases of the curtain (same as before for my shoes assignment). Still working on it..

overall the perspective lines isn't that great so... I'll work on it for next assignment...

As for today, we learned about colours and patterns... The colour wheel, type of colours media, the mixtures of colours, and so etc. As for the exercise, we're required to design our own pattern. I love this part, really. But the limit is to try to design something that's practical i.e. we can actually colour it using water colour or markers. Thus, I came up with different patterns and ended up creating something that is more symbolic than focusing mere on the design  and at the same time fulfilling the assignment's elements.

Anyway, as it still working on the concepts and everything, I'll post it on the next entry...

So, this is it, have a nice day people!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment