Tuesday 4 October 2011

GC: Exercise #4

As always, after the presentation, we got the next lesson on rendering techniques and for this lesson we are required to draw using pens. Well, pigment pens or technical pens to be exact. As some of the guys didn't buy any of these pens, the kind lecturer had to provide to most of us (except me as I brought mine all the time) and some just preferred to do it with ball pens.

The subjects are a bottle of mango syrup, some glass-bottled juice, and Petronas' Mesra Mineral Bottle. Yep! The one with multi-angled surface.

I used the Faber-Castell's 0.1 and 0.3 pigments pens and for those who're wondering what is a pigment pen, this is an example...



unfortunately, the drawing of shades didn't turned out that well. The hatching lines weren't that smooth and I kinda over-shading them.

... Let's just horror ourselves with it anyway... 

Exercise #4
Since the time was already up, I just sent it in...T_T I learned a lot from this exercise though... 

I promise I'll get better with more pen-sketching later...

The next assignment is to draw a pair of shoes. Be it a pair of sneakers, high heels or crocs. The challenge here is to make sure the drawing of right and left shoes are different of each other and of course, we have to think of good placement of the subject together with its lightings.

That's all for now...

Regards,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment